On The Town In Atlanta: Fado Irish Pub Midtown

Irish pubs in the States have moved way beyond the typical bar like the one depicted in the sitcom, Cheers. Some are gastropubs whichare now known as much for their food as well as drink. Fado Irish Pub which has a location in Buckhead, recently opened a second Atlanta location in the heart of Midtown at 8th St and Peachtree St. Monday night, I attended a media event where I got to sample some whiskey, appetizers and bite-sized desserts.Mini Shephard's Pie
It may be shaped like a cupcake, but it's a mini shephard pie.
Smoked Salmon App
Smoked Salmon With Capers Appetizer
Red Pepper Hummus
Red Pepper Hummus

I am more of a bourbon gal than a whiskey woman until Monday evening. I sampled Tullamore DEW and I really liked it. It smoother than Glenfiddich in my opinion.
Tullamore DEW, Glenfiddich.
A highlight of the evening was getting a personalized Guinness pint glass. Guinness Pint Glass
BTW, Guinness cupcakes are very popular for groomsmen's cakes for weddings. Here's a recipe for Guinness cupcakes from Suzy Bakes.

Comments